Thursday 4 November 2010

Wemmalicious winter accessories


Ok tell me you can look at these adorable pics of Emma and not want a beret on your head stat. If you do I won't believe you so I've picked out the best of the berets instead.


Emma may only have two berets but that doesn't stop me wanting all of these. Yes there are some lovely simple white berets like this slouch one from Dorothy Perkins and the angora one from Debenhams but wouldn't it be even better to have one with a bow on too, like these berets from Monsoon and Forever 21. And while I love the rich reds of the chunky wavy beret from Monsoon, the Betmar arctic circle beret and the cranberry coloured one from Hobbs, the flower embellished versions from Anthropologie, Betmar, Monsoon and John Lewis are irresistible too. And how about the gorgeous green Ca-beret from Modcloth? Or the pink pom pom chunky cable knit beret from Monsoon? Or the pink and purple stripy beret from Joules? Maybe the lilac Faye beret from anthro with its corsage detail? And then there's the River Island beret with pom poms AND a bow!! But the ultimate berets have to be those by Helene Berman. They're pricey but exquisitely made with the most beautiful embellishments and the most perfect shape to them. I adore both the beret with pleated flowers from JulesB - seen here in red with black flowers though it comes in several other colour ways - and the bow beret from House of Fraser - here in beige with a black bow though again other colour combinations are available. I'm incredibly lucky to have been gifted both of these berets - I guess I have a fairy godmother after all - and in my navy beret with a black bow I feel almost impossibly chic and you really can't put a price on that.


And I'm sure Emma can't comfortably get through winter without a pretty umbrella tucked in her bag so that she can protect her beret or her bang swoosh (please come back!!) from the rain. Fortunately there are some really lovely bow print and polka dotted umbrellas - some even with sweet frilled edges - that would make even the greyest of days more cheerful. I love the ruffle edged candy striped umbrella from Bombay Duck with a handle like a candy cane and the pink handbag and shoe print one from Debenhams. And because I just can't stop with the berets, gloves and scarves I've added some more of those as well as a smattering of pretty Emma-esque accessories. I think Emma would love the matching glove, scarf and beret set in duck egg blue with the black ribbon and bow trim as well as the black and white corsage adorned scarf and beret set. It goes without saying that a yellow scarf or beret would be a good thing and I adore the pins and needles cozy bow beret from Urban Outfitters too with its oversized bow. The pom pom scarf from Hobbs is expensive but oh so sweet and I do think Emma would love the peacock ring, the fox and frog ones too and the key brooch and green bug hair comb. I think the little bow, shoe and love letter charms might appeal too.

No comments: