Wednesday 5 January 2011

More Brit shopping suggestions

Next stop for Emma on our fantasy across-the-pond shopping trip is Max C London, a brand I love.


I think the pale blue top with contrast bow and buttons and petal-like sleeves is very sweet and totally Emma-esque. The coral pointelle cardi with ruffled hem would fit very well into Emma's wardrobe too, as would the black jersey top with ruffled satin collar and bow.

One of the things I like best about Max C are their whimsical original prints and I especially love this house print with tiny red hearts. This blouse with its peter pan collar with red piping and retro feel would look lovely on Emma.

Of course Emma already has a couple of bow print cardigans but if she didn't or if she just wanted another, this long-sleeved green cardi with black bows, which comes in several other colourways too, would be a good choice.

I like the cap-sleeved pointelle knit top with contrast collar. Emma wouldn't make the mistake of wearing underwear that shows through of course, like this model has. In fact she'd probably add an extra layer to preserve her modesty. It also comes in green and navy. I think Emma might like the green best.

I feel sure Emma would like the taupe sweater with lace collar and tiered lace frills and you really can't have too many cardis with bows on the pockets. And when those bows are polka-dotted, well how can you resist? I love both colourways - the black with the contrasting red bows with black polka dots and the more understated navy with navy and red polka-dotted bows.

Another print that appeals to me greatly (well, it has a lot of significance for me) is the London print with its tiny black cabs, double decker buses, Big Bens and London Eyes. I think the gathered fan detail at the shoulder makes it very Emma.

The cherry knit cardigan in black, red and green is fun and the peachy satin blouse with contrasting lace peter pan collar and ruffle at the neckline would suit Emma well.

As so often is the case, my only issue is trying to choose between them!

No comments: