Saturday 22 January 2011

Emma shops the British high street (Part II)

Emma wears clothes from Kate Spade ... and from Forever 21. So it seems perfectly fitting that one day I'm looking at Milly clothes for Emma and the next I'm hunting through the rails of Dorothy Perkins. That's the next stop on our tour of the British high street and I really think Emma would be just fine with it.

In the way of knitwear there are Emma wardrobe staples like a crewneck coral cardi, a periwinkle short sleeved turtleneck and a purple cardi with sweet bow buttons but the top I like most for Emma is probably the short sleeved blue and white stripe sweater with bow adorned pockets. I think Emma might like the oatmeal spot cardi, floral cardi and blush cardi with pearls too though. The seahorse and dragonfly sweaters might be a little more Rachel.


There are lots of print tops - birds, butterflies, flowers, hearts. I like the blue bird print blouse with petal-like collar, the coral and peach bird print blouses and the navy floral top with contrast peter pan collar. I like the owl print top too - even though the style is not particularly Emma ... and it's owls so I had to include it.

Here are a few more I couldn't leave out. I think Emma would really like the cream top with peter pan collar, the cream and taupe striped cardi with ruffled neckline and the navy top with contrast collar.
And there are lots of basic Emma blouses from ruffle front shirts and pussybow blouses to frilled shells and Victorian tops. I really like the twisted pintuck detailing on the grey and white stripe shirt and the petal collar on the navy sleeveless blouse.

Then there are the skirts, shoes and a smattering of accessories. The find I'm most excited about is the cream a-line skirt with central box pleat. I certainly never thought I'd get excited about such a garment (given the extremely close resemblance it bears to my most loathed school uniform skirt) but since Emma owns such a skirt I can it seems get very excited. I think this one would be perfect for recreating the Emma in her green Milly sweater look and would be a good alternative to the (I believe also Milly) skirt she wore. The polka dot and black pencil skirts with bows are great Emma pieces of course as is the full black skirt with bow tie waist. I like the camel pleated skirt with black border and the latte self-tie skirt too (which also comes in taupe). There are some nice bow belts too for adding that Emma touch to an outfit. I think the coral flower brooch and statement necklace would be great for Emma as well.


And even though this dress isn't really Emma with yellow and polka dots it seems worth a mention ... plus I really like it.

And then just for fun I thought I'd make some Emma outfits with these clothes ... yes that's how I like to spend my time ;)
 First we have the blue and white striped sweater with the a-line skirt à la green Milly
A short-sleeved turtleneck with statement necklace à la 'Dream On' and 'RHGS'

And a taupe and cream ensemble. Even though I know Emma would prefer taupe and coral ... I'm just really taken with the skirt. See how useful it would be ... just don't wear it with a crewel work cardi ok?

No comments: