Monday 25 October 2010

Stepping into Emma's shoes

Okay, not literally or, um, metaphorically either. Although I would of course love to because her PMJs are so pretty and also, given the chance, I could help her get rid of Carl sooner.

Really these are just shoes that Emma might wear in some other Universe where she wasn't wedded to her PMJs. Maybe some of them are also more likely to end up in your shoe closet (the real one, rather than the fantasy one), I don't know, but what I do know is that I'm amazed at Emma's restraint when it comes to buying shoes. At the last count I think Emma had only six pairs - yellow PMJs, blue PMJs, gold metallic crackle Spencer mary janes, silver crackle Spencer mary janes, red t bars and (new!) teal mary janes. Can that really be right? Whereas I'm daily faced with the conundrum of how I can't possibly have enough shoes, while already having too many to fit in my wardrobe.


Office always have an amazing selection of mary janes and t bars so I made this rainbow selection of Emma-esque shoes ranging from mustard brogues through gold peep toes and purple mary janes to cherry red patent shoes. Some of them are in the sale so they're very limited in the sizes available but if you're very lucky you might just get yourself gold mary janes with gold polka dot lining for a mere £10. Yay! I love the fuschia bow fronted suede shoes, the shiny yellow slingbacks, all the gold shoes, the black mary janes with gold heels, the teal triple strap mary janes with gold edging and the red frilled heel ankle strap shoes. My favourites are the cherry red asymetric strap mary janes secured with a bow but I'd take them all.


Out of this group my favourites are the nude patent Greta square toe mary janes from Top Shop (top row). They also come in black and I think they're simply perfect but they're a little more expensive. The irregular choice scottie dog shoes are so cute! I'm not sure if Emma would wear them but I love them. I think the silver three-straps are great because metallics are like neutrals and I love the poetic license t bars with their red bows. The red patent bow shoes are really quite high but I love patent shoes and bows so that makes them fabulous. I think the navy suedette shoes with red, white and blue striped bows would be perfect for patriotic occasions or nautical themed outfits and the peep toe platforms with contrast piping and bow are classically stylish. I love the five strap blue peep toe mary janes and the green t bars with cutout detail - I mean how often does one find green shoes?


I think the herringbone mary janes have a wonderful retro look. I adore the red court shoes with bow-adorned heels, the black patent peep toes with bows and the black patent courts with ruffles. Also the black patent town shoe. Have I mentioned that I have a thing for patent shoes? One of my first memories is of looking down at black patent shoes with little bits of green plasticine stuck in the cut out details and then back to my own pristine grey patent mary janes and age 3 wondering why anyone would let that happen to their pretty shoes ... hmmm, kinda sounds like someone else. Anyway shoes with one bow on are good, but two bows are better and I love the colour of the raspberry mary janes and the little row of flowers.


I adore both the Chie Mihara t bars but especially the red ruffled ones! They're seriously expensive though :( as are the Hobbs patent peep toes.  The LK Bennett crimson peep toes may be pricey too but I think they'd be perfect for fierce Emma. Less expensive options are the KG apple ankle strap shoes and the Hobbs red patent mary janes which are half price in the sale. Florence and Fred at Tesco have two affordable options in the form of the red suedette wedges and red patent mary janes.

Out of these I love the red rose peep toes, corsage detail court, gold glitter shoes, Ted Baker peep toes with gold bows, the black and gold vintage style peep toes and the red velvet courts with rhinestone bows.

Mmmmm ..... shoes :) 

life lesson: gold shoes go with everything

No comments: