Saturday 19 February 2011

Emma shops the British high street: Topshop edition

or, ya know, in the US or pretty much anywhere online ... it's a small world these days

Oh my shopping for Emma is so much fun and so easy with the current trends for vintage inspired, prim clothing. I've picked out some tops from Topshop that I think Emma would like.


The pleat collar blouse in coral and peach has the most divine details and could be perfect worn over a cardi (somewhat a la the RHGS pick-a-bunch cardi outfit). The purple floral print shirt has a sweet ruffled collar and tie neck and I think Emma would love the coral flower print of the sleeveless blouse with twist detail.

The white tab side top has a subtle self-stripe and I love the old-fashioned simplicity of the slight puff sleeves and peplum. There's a pussy bow blouse in a deep purple print and sleeveless floral blouses with peter pan collars in both navy and black prints.

I love the short sleeved daisy knit top and think it would be great for Emma worn over a blouse with cardi clips and with a coral skirt. I had to include the coral coloured knitted bobble top since it's a colour Emma loves and it would look lovely with a colour coordinated necklace like her J Crew 'primrose garden' necklace.

I adore the yellow scallop edged blouse with contrasting collar. It might just be my favourite and it comes in a black and white version too which makes it hard to choose between them. I do really like the pale pink tiered blouse with peter pan collar as well *sigh*.

Okay on to accessories.


I just have to start with the super sweet necklace with tiny ladybug and leaf charms. The yellow and blue (fave Emma colour combo!) deckchair stripe pussybow scarf is perfect for adding a dramatic bow to a plain blouse and bright belts are of course a favourite way of Emma's for adding a pop of colour to an outfit.

I absolutely adore the giraffe studs as well as the rose wrap ring (I have it in red and it's even prettier in person). The bow and pearl drop earrings and pearl cluster statement ring are gorgeous accessories for dressing up a dress and I love the jewellery combining turquoise and coral ... again it seems such an Emma colour combination. A brooch is always good and this sailboat one will be good for channeling the nautical trends of the coming season.

And the Ee purse ... well that's cute ... and self-explanatory.

For some inspiration here's the daisy sweater in an Emma outfit
Sweater and earrings from Topshop (see above), skirt from J Crew, shoes from Modcloth Pot of gold heels $89.99, pleated placket blouse from River Island £29.99, cardi clips made using coral flower earrings

No comments: