Monday 21 February 2011

Emma shops the British high street: Miss Selfridge

There are some fabulously Emma-esque tops around right now and I think this selection from Miss Selfridge demonstrates that quite nicely.


I do so adore the combination of polka dots and bows and this navy and white polka dot top with a pussy bow and slight puff sleeves could hardly be more perfect. The blush knit with a peter pan collar trimmed with a row of shell-like fans is just begging to be worn with a pencil skirt. I've mainly chosen the chartreuse blouse for the colour but I think Emma could make the lace ruffles work.

A tan pussybow blouse is a great basic for creating those gorgeous taupe/coral ensembles and I love the colours, and I think Emma would too, in this floral blouse.

Two more firm favourites for me are the black sweater with pearl embellished peter pan collar and the sleeveless bird print blouse with contrast collar. I think both of these tops would look fabulous as part of an Emma outfit.

Bows are always good ... and I think this belt, court shoe and ruffled pencil skirt show that well.

And now for accessories.



I think the stacking flower rings are lovely and a little like Emma's Juicy stacking rings as well as being suitably Emma-esque colours. I love the turquoise bead bracelet with the coral rose and it seems like something Emma could well choose. I like the gold bracelet with the little owl charm and I just can't resist the bee charm bracelet and the dragonfly necklace.

I'm not sure if Emma would wear the winged unicorn brooch but there's surely some symbolism there? Speaking of symbolism, I like the idea of Emma replacing her wedding and engagement rings with the frog ring.

And all the earrings are delicate drop earrings that I think Emma would like. My favourites are the apples.

Here are some suggestions for outfits using a few of my favourites
Emma already owns a white pencil skirt and with her perfect blue PMJs, she'd just need to select the jewellery for a sublimely simple yet elegant outfit.
I love the print of this blouse and the peter pan collar with a blue pencil skirt (this one's £45 from LK Bennett).

The colours in this blouse are so lovely I think Emma would like to pick them up in the jewellery. The pencil skirt with bow is from Oasis

No comments: