Thursday 24 February 2011

Emma shops the British high street: Newlook

Well, since watching 'Blame it on the Alcohol' I pretty much feel like I'm walking on air and have a goofy grin plastered on my face. The soundtrack in my head is a mash up of 'He loves her, he loves her, he loves her' and edited highlights of THE message. Let's just say the words 'sexaay ladaay', 'crinkle', 'kerazy', 'hay' and 'thinking of you' come round a LOT.

And what do I do when I'm happppeeeeee? I shop ... um, basically a lot like when I'm not happy. Ya. But anyway as unlikely as it may seem to think of Emma shopping at Newlook here's a selection of Emma-esque clothing I found there.

I'm starting with this bow print cardi. I just love the way it has cute little bows and it's in colours that I love (yes pretty much everything like that is currently being said in my head in Matty's drunken drawl).
Bow print cardigan £15
And here's an outfit with this lovely sexaay cardi

I've paired the cardi with a navy polka dot pussybow blouse. You could of course go with a plain navy pussybow blouse, and that would look great, but after several viewings of THE PHONE MESSAGE I realised Emma was not only wearing clothes but that she was wearing separates with mismatched prints. Yes, the print on the blouse was subtle (yet still there) but the skirt had a floral/brushstroke/even-after-multiple-viewings-I-really-wasn't-paying-any-attention-to-the-clothes-so-I'm-not-sure print. And it's the only time I can remember other than Emma's 'peppered and striped' Anthro plaid/polkadot skirt that she's worn two prints at one time ... although I've been wrong before and like I said right now who really cares about the clothes?

But here are some more tops anyways.

Um, ah, very briefly because I'm a little distracted - pretty pastel prints, perfect (and very useful) basic peter pan collar and tie-neck blouses ... and not so basic with CRINKLE!-y ruffled edged peter pan collars, contrast edged pleat front blouse, the CUTEST black and white bow print blouse and a shhhh-tripey top with CRINKLE collar.

And more outfits :)
Chiffon stripe blouse £21.99 (as before) worn with yellow cardigan, black bow pencil skirt, Kate Spade 'all wrapped up' bangle $78 and Emma's new Kimchi Blue shoes
Frill peter pan blouse £21.99 (as before), Etchy rose cardigan £21.99 (as before) and white pencil skirt with blue floral kitten heel slingback £15.99
Ruffle cardigan £8 from Newlook (out of stock online but may be available in stores and the ruffles are so lovely it's worth looking for), lace trim top £21.99, belted daisy circle skirt with patent bow belt £21.99 and nude patent mary janes £35 from Dorothy Perkins. Daisy ring $11.99 from Modcloth
Blue petal neck top £20 from Dorothy Perkins, gathered floral skirt £21.99 from Newlook, cream flower stretch ring £8.50 from Dorothy Perkins and caramel belted shoulder bag £28 also Dorothy Perkins

And don't forget this lovely peter pan apple print top (£21.99) is still available
I made this Emma paperdoll with it a while ago
Worn with cream flannel a-line skirt £25 and blue belt

"I love how you eat your lunch with your little plastic gloves and they crinkle and make the cutest sound I've ever heard in my life"

No comments: