Wednesday 14 September 2011

A Milly Party

Well, I said I'd celebrate this blog's first birthday today and though, through a lack of internet and a combination of other things, I am way behind with the posts I'd planned, I thought I'd go ahead with this Milly themed post as the most appropriate way to celebrate.

Of course it coincides nicely with the Milly NYFW show and that is of course something worth celebrating too. But before we get ahead of ourselves with spring clothes, let's look at the autumn winter collection which I'm hoping, if we are very lucky may at least in part appear on Emma*.

*unlike the recent Kate Spade collection which Emma looks set to wear in it's entirety
margot ruffle blouse
ooh ruffles!! Maybe Emma needs to add to her bow blouse collection.
tucked sheath dress
mmm lovely print and it's a sheath dress so totally Emma :)
valentina dress
oh ric rac trim and a bow!!
fiona cocktail dress
 Would be perfect for Emma if only it weren't black :( I love it though ;)

lady puff dress
gorgeous sleevs and the most perfect belt! utterly elegant
halter market dress
This one's for summery dates and ya know strolling around the Lima farmers' market picking out locally grown (pesticide free) fruit.
perfect pleat date skirt

 Funny because I was thinking less date-wear and more schoolwear for this one, but wherever she wears it I think Emma would delight in that bold print and colour combination.

Another very Emma mix of colours and a demure length.
marion bow blouse
Maybe??
dominique lace dress
So pretty that I like to think Emma would wear it - surely she would if only for the magnificent bow?
jackie puff sleeve top
 Just because it's so pretty... look at that scalloped edging!!
aztec pleated blouse
 Mmmm pleats!!
marzia bow jacket
Lovely in black and white but Emma might well choose the coral version.
dara sweater jacket
 Pretty trim! :)
calista knee skirt
A print that's not for the faint of heart but Emma surely isn't.

I'm restraining myself there...it's so hard for me not to choose more and more pretty clothes for Emma...okay maybe I'll have to a part II....

And since both Quinn and Rachel are now most unreasonably (I think) encroaching on Emma's territory by wearing Milly clothes, I thought it wise to let them know which ones they are permitted to choose from. This one's for Rachel of course.

raleigh combo dress
For Quinn to add to her eyelet dress collection
emalina strapless dress
And she can have this one too
ribbon trim dance dress


As well as being one of those days that needed to be reassigned happier associations, it's also a day I've designated as a thanksgiving of sorts and so it seems fitting that I say here how thankful I am to have been blogging here for over a year now. This blog is perhaps a little niche and I know that a lot of people pass through looking for Rachel's clothes, but it has provided me with the most wonderful distraction and diversion over the last year. And I've learnt things...like that I could write a blog (that was news to me :)) and perhaps most of all that I'm happy to do it just for me. I know people say that nobody blogs for themselves (because what's the point right?) but I do and I think there are plenty of good reasons. Not that I want anyone to think I'm not pleased if they enjoy my blog, it's just not my main motivation. Mostly I view my posts to be like writing to a pen pal who doesn't speak the same language and in all likelihood doesn't understand the letters I write. I think my pen pal lives in Denmark.

But on the occasions that someone leaves a comment or tells me they like my blog that makes it mean all the more. And I'm grateful for that.

out of love, not for love

No comments: