Wednesday 3 August 2011

Sales shopping with Emma

Obviously shopping in the sales is always fun because of the bargain potential but equally obviously it's not money well spent if you just buy it because it's cheap and never wear it.

I don't think Emma ever has that problem. She strikes me as a super-sensible shopper who never loses her head even in the midst of deep discounts and summer sale madness. So I thought I'd channel Emma and see what she might be picking up in the sales.

Of course J Crew is the place Emma shops for her basics so that seems like a good place to start.

For a mere $39.99 I'm sure Emma would be happy to pick up the conference skirt in linen in what I believe is a pretty shade of periwinkle.

I think the presentation linen jacket would be a lovely jacket for Emma with its folded contrast trim.

She may well have considered the metal and silk trimmed Monaco cardi too in the deep shale
Emma could certainly get a lot of wear from the heathered playa skirt. I really like the indigo stripe version.
I'm sure the ink-dot pencil skirt would be up for consideration too

And since you can't ever have too many pencil skirts how about this eyelet pencil skirt
If Emma likes the sorbetto pencil skirt anywhere as much as I do then she'd definitely be buying it in mango (maybe in provence pink too)
Of course Emma could always add to her Jackie collection. Perhaps she'd add the bright cinnamon
I still like to think Emma might wear the blakely dress in silk taffeta perhaps in the sailboat blue

And even though Emma wouldn't like the name I think she'd like the cotton taffeta shelby dress especially in this modern red and the bright dahlia too.

Next stop Kate Spade perhaps?

No comments: