Tuesday 11 October 2011

Kate Spade October

I'm not a fan of Kate Spade's colour of October. In fact I'm thinking that they've run out of inspiration for living colourfully because as colours go chocolate seems like a clear admission of defeat.

Fortunately they don't feel the need to stick solely to the colour of the month and there are a few pieces I'm liking.

wool martingale sweater $195
 I'm pleased to see the adorably bow-cuffed Martingale sweater revisited in this lovely shade of african violet rather than a shade of chocolate, though I can see these two colours could work well together.
silk reade blouse $295
The polka dot print tie-neck Silk Reade blouse surely has a lot of Emma potential but while I think the silhouettes and details of the ruffled tie-neck Catarina blouse and the cropped bow-adorned Nightingale jacket would be great on Emma, I'm not really loving the zebra print. Perhaps it will grow on me. I know it will if Emma wears either of them.
Catarina blouse $295 and Nightingale jacket $695

Nellie dress $395
The Nellie dress comes not in chocolate but a strong graphic print of red, white and black and with the ruffled placket I definitely like it.
caravell dress $445
 I like the simplicity of the Caravelle dress, and of course the bow, but it's certainly more Rachel circa season 3 than Emma.

Accessories wise I'm much more tempted. I mean who doesn't love mittens? And pom poms? And I love red and pink together so these would be perfect for me.
hand in hand pom pom mittens $95
The popcorn necklace seems fun and festive
popcorn garland scatter necklace $148
And I adore the plaid coal tote which is like a winter version of Emma's Jayma's point breeze

fireside plaid small coal $365
But I've really fallen for the black and white houndstooth and patent leather henley park little nadine too. For me it's retro styling wins.
henley park little nadine $345
And if I had to pick a shoe from the new arrivals, and I kind of do, it would be the lovely multi-colour glitter karolinas.
karolina $325

No comments: