Sunday 19 June 2011

Emma in New York

Untitled


Because she should have been. I mean she would have been the perfect teacher to accompany Will and the glee club on their trip to New York, after all she's a guidance counsellor and is there any other teacher who's supported the glee club like she has? No, Holly doesn't count. Emma was there from the very beginning. She deserved to go. And her clothes deserved to go too.

Yup, Emma has the perfect wardrobe for a visit to NYC. I think all her Kate Spade and Milly would be far more at home in NYC than in Lima, Ohio. So I didn't think there was any need to go shopping for new clothes for Emma for this trip and I've just picked my favourite outfits from the ones I made for Emma's closet. I feel it illustrates just how wrong Ryan Murphy et al were to make the silly silly decision to not include Emma in this episode.

Okay so first up we have the outfit above - a stylish yet sensible outfit for a chaperone. I really like the aqua and red colour combination and the divine detail on Emma's Leifsdottir faux pearl pointelle cardigan would be perfect with her peter pan blouse with the pleats and edging detail on the collar (you know the one she wore with her Tibi calligraphy skirt in Vitamin D - that's what this one is standing in for). And of course Emma wouldn't feel the outfit was complete without a brooch so I've chosen her dogwood brooch from Acafellas. Then of course it's possibly a bit chilly, I mean Rachel and Quinn and Tina had great coats so Emma shouldn't be left out in the coat style stakes. She should definitely take her Marc Jacob's trench to keep her warm, especially because her shoes won't. But she'd definitely wear her angie t-straps because they're, um, red.

Hmmm, so Emma has an outfit to keep her nice and warm but what about something for if the weather had turned spring-y? I'm thinking something in springtime colours, some pops of yellow and a touch of ladybug, like this.

Untitled


I think both her PMJs and her Alice and Olivia IYB deserve a trip to New York.

Thinking along the same lines maybe she'd like to take her Kate Spade beeline cardi and Anna Sui trampoline skirt to wear together for a sweet springtime in New York look.

Bee-cause


So that's the everyday pretty much covered and then Emma would just need a super-special outfit for the Nationals performance itself.

Untitled


I'm thinking Emma would like to wear her super-special Valentino bow dress with her lucky sectionals win cardi. And gold shoes are always good. That's my belief.

So I think my point is proved. Emma had the clothes to go to New York, she's an excellent packer, she should have gone to Nationals. Ryan, Ian and Brad you were wrong.

Also I think there's no way that Emma would have let Will lead the glee club into their most important competition so under-prepared. No way.

Nope, if Emma had been there she'd never have let Will be so irresponsible as to leave New Directions song-less and unsupervised. And maybe with the right counselling Finn would never have kissed Rachel on stage and New Directions would have gone on to triumph at Nationals. Which means it would have been win-win.

That's win for us and win for Emma's clothes :)

No comments: